In today’s modern and stressful world, we need to take care of ourselves and destination spas are designed to refresh and rejuvenate our physical and mental well-being in pleasant and relaxed surroundings. As a result, destination spa vacations are becoming increasingly more popular. Whether it’s a 4-day getaway or a weeklong immersion of spa treatments and fitness programs, a destination spa vacation can be a beneficial and life-changing experience.
Nowadays, destination spas come in all shapes and sizes to suit almost every need and requirement; such as pampering spa treatments, holistic health, yoga classes, better nutritional habits as well as various sports and outdoor activities. Whatever your goal, be it losing weight, restorative spa treatments or adopting a healthier life-style, destination spas have qualified and trained staff on hand to help make your goal become a reality.
Unlike the frugal Health Farms of the past, today’s destination spas offer a rich variety of satisfying well-balanced meals, accommodations and amenities to please even the most discriminating guest. Destination spas can range from the simplest type of spa retreat to a luxurious 5 star all-inclusive spa resort depending on your taste and budget. Your spa getaway can be as rustic or as sophisticated as you please; it can be in the mountains, on a ranch or a tranquil countryside setting. Destination spas can now be found in some of the most spectacular scenery of North America, affording lots of sightseeing opportunities and outdoor activities such as; horseback riding, hiking, fishing, canoeing, skiing and golf.
As destination and retreat spas grow in popularity, so does their diversity, scope and size and therefore it is important to decide which destination spa is right for you. The following may help you choose the ideal destination spa vacation:
- Would you prefer a quiet, secluded setting or a more resort-type atmosphere?
- Which type of location and where situated appeals most to you?
- Would you like to mix and mingle with other guests?
- Do you wish to have modest or more luxurious accommodation?
- Do you want to have some type of evening entertainment?
- Do you expect alcohol to be available?
- Is your main focus on having spa treatments, such as deep cleansing facials, body wraps, mud baths, massages and detoxification?
- Is your primary goal to lose weight?
- Would you like to learn more about the holistic approach to health and well-being?
- Are you interested in taking yoga or Pilate classes?
- Are you an avid fitness buff and would like daily access to a gym?
- Are you interested in outdoor activities and sports…..if so what are they?
- Do you expect tennis courts and a swimming pool?
- Do you have any health concerns that need to be addressed?
As you can see, destination spas encompass a wide range of services and activities in various locales throughout North America. Once thought to be the exclusive domain of the wealthy, destination spas are now an affordable and viable alternative for people wishing to improve their overall appearance, well-being and fitness levels. Staffed by dedicated professionals, a destination spa is an enjoyable and beneficial time out to indulge in a well deserved relaxing and rejuvenating spa experience.
SpaSeeker’s expertise will help you find the perfect spa destination of your choice…….and introduce you to a new type of vacation, one you will surely want to repeat!